Monday, May 1, 2017

16 mm film manipulation

The 16mm film manipulation project was a very interesting one for me because it was completely out of my element of skill set. I am used to either filming on digital film, or slaving hours behind the computer editing footage together. So to actually have to physically use my hands to make manipulation upon raw film stock was daunting. I knew it would be an amazing experience, but entered the project quite apprehensively. The hardest part about this project was not knowing what kind of marks you were applying to the film stock. Every time I would add a new scratch mark, or apply an extra drop of bleach I just prayed that it would turn out looking alright. In the end I had a ton of fun with this project, but it was the most unfamiliar and different film technique I had ever done.

No comments:

Post a Comment